Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Clean Food, Recipe 10- Grilled Cipollini Onions

I've got some catching up to do!  I've been cooking away these last couple of weeks, but just haven't had the time to sit down and write my reviews!  I made these grilled onions last week as a side dish to some stuffed zucchini.  These are so incredibly easy to make and they are sweet and salty and delicious.  All you do is throw the whole cipollini onions on the grill- skins and all.  (I skewered them first- this ensured they wouldn't fall through the grill grates and it was much easier to flip them etc...)  Grill until charred on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.  Set them aside until cool enough to handle and then you simply squeeze off the charred outer skin and the inside will just pop out.  It will be sweet, tender, and succulent.  These get tossed very simply with some olive oil, sea salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice.  What a simple side dish- it's elegant and delicious too!  I love simple food and this is the epitome of that.  So simple and easy and yet SO yummy.  Loved it!

My rating- 9

1 comment: