Thursday, July 26, 2012

Clean Food, Recipe 5- Sprouted Quinoa Tabbouleh

I have been immersed in my Clean Food cookbook by Terry Walters this week- LOVE this cookbook and highly recommend it!  I'm working my way through the summer chapter and made this tabbouleh recipe a couple of days ago.  The beauty of this recipe is how simple it is.  The night before you plan to eat it you just rinse some quinoa and then cover it to soak.  In the morning you drain it and rinse it well.  Let it sit out on the counter in the strainer and rinse it a couple of more times throughout the day.  By the time you are ready to make dinner it should have sprouted!  This concept is SO cool to me- I love it!  What an interesting preparation for quinoa (one of my favorite grains).  To prepare all you do is toss the sprouted quinoa with some fresh mint, fresh parsley, diced cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and sea salt.  That is IT- no cooking required!  This recipe is fantastic- it's super simple, really yummy, totally refreshing, and a great use of summer ingredients (I am just brimming with cucumbers and tomatoes from my CSA right now).  I know I'll make this again and it was a hit with my family- even my 4 1/2 year old liked it!  This one is a sure winner.

My rating- 9

No comments:

Post a Comment