Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Kind Diet, Recipe 22- Pomegranate and Lime Iced Tea

Today I felt like I needed to make a refreshing summer drink.  It's been really hot where I live for the last couple of weeks and I'm just getting sick of drinking water on ice- I wanted something different, but still healthy.  So, I decided to make this iced tea recipe today.  All you do is take 6-8 green tea bags and steep them for 10 minutes in 8 cups of boiling water.  Then you add in 2 cups of 100% unsweetened pomegranate juice, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and 3 limes that are thinly sliced.  Then you chill it and serve cold over ice.  Super easy and a nice change of pace in the drink department.  I have to say that I love pomegranates and I love limes, so I was really excited about trying this out, but I think I had this grand vision of what it would taste like in my head, so I ended up being a bit disappointed.  It IS very refreshing and the flavors are good, but just not incredible- and that's what I was hoping for.  I like it though and I know it will get used up (we are big iced tea fans in this household)- definitely a nice, fresh, new alternative to plain old water- something I'm sure I'll make again and maybe next time I'll make some of my own additions to punch it up a notch.

My rating- 8

No comments:

Post a Comment