Monday, July 16, 2012

The Kind Diet, Recipe 23- Peach and Mint Iced Tea

So, it's been a very hot summer where I live and I was very excited to get some peaches from my CSA last week so that I could make this iced tea.  I have been waiting for peach season to start so that I could make this iced tea ever since I got this book.  So, I went home and made this iced tea immediately.  It's very easy- just steep some green tea bags in boiling water for about 10 minutes.  Remove the tea bags and then allow the tea to cool to room temperature.  Once it has cooled you add in 4 ripe peaches that you have sliced up, 1 small bunch of mint leaves, and some maple syrup to sweeten it up.  That's it!  Chill it and serve over ice.  I have to say that it wasn't as good as I was hoping for, I can't even really say what I think is missing, I just think my expectations were too high.  However, it was good and refreshing and a great way to use local peaches in the summertime, so I am sure I will make this again.  I'll just do a bit of tweaking to get it just right for me- but it's a good place to start!  A cool, refreshing drink for a hot summer day!

My rating- 8

No comments:

Post a Comment