Monday, July 2, 2012

Honorable Mention Recipe #7- Ethiopian-Style Bread Salad

Well, I now have a new favorite salad recipe.  I made this salad for my dinner tonight and it made me so happy.  This recipe is from Tosca Reno's newest cookbook- The Eat-Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook and I am really excited to share it with all of you.  There's lots to love about this recipe- it's simple, it doesn't heat up your kitchen in the summertime, and it's DELICIOUS!  All you do is toss together some green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, jalepenos, and cubed whole wheat sourdough bread in a big bowl.  Make an insanely simple dressing with fresh lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper and toss that into the salad and you are done.  That's it!  So simple and refreshing and so satisfying.  I made this about 2 hours before I wanted to eat it to allow the flavors to really develop and it was divine.  This will definitely become a go-to salad recipe- a nice departure from the typical tossed salad that we all eat in the summer.  I love it!  Thanks Tosca!

My rating- 9.5

No comments:

Post a Comment