Saturday, July 21, 2012

Confession Time

Well, I have a confession to make......I have to say that I am no longer vegan.  I know, I know (gasp!), but let me explain.  When I created this blog I had been eating vegan for about a month and I really thought that I was going to commit to that lifestyle forever.  However, as time passed I realized that vegan just doesn't conform to me or my lifestyle very well.  I admire anyone who eats that way 100% of the time, but that was just not right for me.  So, I call myself a "flexitarian"- which means that I mostly eat vegetarian (even vegan a lot of the time), but some of the time I may have a little cheese or meat (gasp again!).  I am selective though- we are part of a meat CSA in our area so all my meat is from a local farm that uses no hormones or antibiotics and the animals are well taken care of (free range and grass fed) and humanely slaughtered.  The way I eat is very important to me and I don't take it lightly- so I hope any vegans who visit my blog will not be offended that I occasionally might have a piece of organic chicken (or some organic eggs from free-range chickens at our CSA).  I do eat vegan a lot of the time though (probably about 60-75% of the time), so the reviews of different vegan recipes will continue.  I'm hoping to have more reviews coming your way this week, but until then it sure does feel good to get that off my chest, I wanted to be honest about where I am on my path and just put it all out there.  Have a fabulous weekend and no matter what you are (vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian, omnivore), PLEASE think about what you put in your mouth very seriously- your body will thank you and love you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment