Monday, May 7, 2012

And so the journey begins...........

Today marks the start of a new journey for me.  I am taking on veganism.  I just recently decided to make this change in my life (for health and ethical reasons) and I'm going into it full force.  My biggest fear with this new way of life is the cooking.  I love to cook- my life revolves around eating and cooking, it's a passion of mine.  For the last few years I have cooked my way through cookbooks and sent e-mails reviewing the recipes to a group of my close friends.  No one likes to waste time, energy, or money on a recipe that turns out badly.  My goal is to help people not waste those things.  I was depressed that I may have to stop doing my hobby of cooking my way through cookbooks and reviewing the recipes, then it hit me- why not review VEGAN recipes?  So, I have decided to begin this project- cooking through vegan cookbooks and I will do the honors of testing out the recipes.  I'm just an average Mom of two with an average life, just like the rest of us and I will tell it how it is.  Whether you are a veteran vegan looking for some new recipes to spice things up or a newbie like me- I'll let you know if that Tofu Scramble you are thinking of making will really be worth it or not.  So, before you run out the door to head to the grocery store and get the ingredients, check out my blog to see what I thought!  I'm going to work through a few cookbooks at once, this way I can keep things interesting for me and you.  I've decided to start with 4 cookbooks.  For the next few months I will live and breathe recipes from these 4 books- first up- The Kind Diet, by Alicia Silverstone.  This book is the main reason I went vegan- so I must pay it homage!  Next, Vegan with a Vengence by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.  Third book- Clean Food by Terry Walters.  This book is really great because it tackles food from a seasonal perspective- working the way through the book by seasons, so this one will take me at least a year to complete.  I'm super excited about eating seasonally, so can't wait to start trying these recipes out!  Last, but not least, I will pick The Conscious Cook, by Tal Ronnen.  This book will really challenge my cooking skills and stretch my talents.  (It's a fancy book, written by a professional chef.)  I know I will learn a lot from this oneSo, that is my plan- I hope I can provide you all with useful information and I can't wait to get started- stay tuned...............

No comments:

Post a Comment