Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Kind Diet, Recipe 10- Quick Date-Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal

So, I probably love oatmeal just as much as oatmeal cookies.  It is one of my stand-by breakfasts.  I probably have it 3-4 times per week, so I am always on the hunt for a new way to have it.  This recipe is really great because it comes together really quickly and you can assemble it when you first get up and let it sit while you do other things until you're ready to eat it.  All you do is take some oats, maple syrup, chopped walnuts, chopped apple, chopped dates, and sea salt and mix them together in a bowl.  Pour some boiling water over to cover and then cover the bowl with a plate or pot lid until the liquid is absorbed.  Right before eating you add some cinnamon and flaxseed oil.  This recipe is delicious- I've made it twice already and I know this will be a staple for me.  As with the oatmeal cookies, the flavor combinations for this oatmeal are endless as well- just pick whatever fruit, nut, and spice combination you would want and create your own flavors!  My one note about this recipe is that it's a HUGE portion!  I actually need to cut the recipe in half and it ends up being the perfect amount for me.  (The recipe calls for a whopping 1 cup of oats!  It's so much food I didn't know what to do with it all!)  So, unless you are really voracious in the morning, I suggest halving the recipe, unless of course, you are making it for two.

My rating- 9.5

No comments:

Post a Comment