Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Kind Diet, Recipe 5- Sweet Potato-Lentil Stew

I love stews.  What better meal to make on a cold, damp day then a lentil stew?  (It just so happens that the day I made this stew it was cold and rainy out.)  And this one is even better because it also has sweet potatoes in it.  This is another easy meal that would come together really easily on a weeknight.  A one pot meal that comes together in less than an hour.  Easily accessible ingredients also make this recipe a winner in my book.  Simply saute onion, tomatoes, ginger, turmeric, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne, and sea salt in some safflower oil.  Add some sweet potatoes, vegetable broth, and lentils to the mix and you've got dinner!  This stew is hearty and satisfying and when you eat it you just know you are doing something wonderful for your body. It's really versatile too. I served mine over couscous one night and had the leftovers with the cornbread another night- both ways were delicious.  This isn't the best stew I've ever had, but it was really good and super easy to prepare.  I know this will become a winter staple in my home.

My rating- 8

No comments:

Post a Comment