Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Kind Diet, Recipe 9- Oatmeal, walnut, and Dried Plum Cookies

I just so happen to adore oatmeal cookies.  There is something about them that is so comforting- even the smell of them baking in the oven seems to relax and calm me.  This was another recipe I was jumping up and down about because I couldn't imagine life without oatmeal cookies.  Again this follows very basic methods- mix dry in one bowl (oats, flour, maple sugar, baking powder and soda, and sea salt) and wet in another (maple syrup, safflower oil, vanilla, and molasses), and then combine the two.  Mix in some chopped walnuts and dried plums (otherwise known as prunes) and you are ready to shape into 10-12 BIG oatmeal cookies.  These bake up in about 10 minutes, super simple.  This recipe will not disappoint you- these are INCREDIBLE.  I would go so far as to say that they are the best oatmeal cookies I've ever had.  The best thing about these is that this recipe is just a springboard for dozens of different flavor combinations.  The versatility of this is fantastic.  I've already made this recipe twice (for dinner at my Mom and Dad's and for our family another time), and everyone who tries these loves them.  They are fantastic.  Some variations I've thought of trying out are: 1. Cranberry, orange, pecan.  2. Coconut, macadamia nut, vegan white chocolate.  3. Cherry, almond, vegan chocolate chip.  YUM!  I cannot wait to try these variations out and come up with some more to try out- the possibilities are endless!  I am so grateful for this recipe, and so is my family!

My rating- 10!

PS- I have to say that so far I have found that The Kind Diet really has it together with the desserts- every single one I've tried so far have been good and most are amazing!  Not to mention that they are made with cleaner ingredients than some other vegan cookbooks, so they are better for you too- eliminating the guilt!  So, if you have sweet tooth like myself, but want to keep your treats cleaner and healthier, I highly recommend getting this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment