Thursday, May 31, 2012

Honorable Mention Recipe #3- Seitan Sweet Potato and Onion Hash

Okay, so I had a DELICIOUS dinner last night!  Thanks to Kim Barnouin and her new cookbook.  This recipe is so easy- it came together in 20 minutes and it was SO yummy!  My husband loved it too, so it will please vegetarians and omnivores alike.  All you do is saute some cubed seitan (this was our first time trying out seitan- we really liked it!) in some grapeseed oil for about 5 minutes.  The seitan then comes out of the pan and gets set aside.  In the pan goes more grapeseed oil and sweet onion and red bell pepper.  After that softens you add in some diced sweet potato and saute that all together for another 5 minutes.  Add some veggie broth, chives, rosemary, and thyme and you are practically done- this simmers for another 5 minutes or so and dinner is served.  This was absolutely delicious- I am having the leftovers for lunch as I write this- it fills your kitchen with the most amazing aroma too- the fresh herbs add a nice earthy flavor and the sweet potatoes were cooked perfectly.  I know that I'll be making this again- it's a perfect stand-by meal, so easy to throw together and you could easily adjust the ingredients to fit whatever you have on hand.  This one is a winner!

My rating- 9.5

No comments:

Post a Comment